Have some fun at uni
Join a social club today!
To join, simply click “JOIN US NOW” and send the club your:
– Student ID
– Phone number
All students are welcome and we encourage you to make the most of your time at AUT.
If you can’t find a club you’re looking for, start your own.
AUT’O Bots – AUT Robotics Club
AUT’O Bots is a new student-run robotics club that aims to introduce students to robotics through friendly competition. We will be running workshops and robotics competitions for all skill levels.
If you are interested and want to know when we have any upcoming meetings or events just sign up.
AUT’s approach to sustainability has so far focused on transport, energy and waste. Success in these areas has been achieved by implementing initiatives such as:
- An alternative transport programme that incentivises staff to relinquish their parking and travel to work using more sustainable transport rather than a single occupancy car
- Energy efficient lighting and boiler upgrades
- Painting roofs white to reduce heat gain within buildings
- Introducing worm farms within the School of Hospitality and Tourism
- Recycling systems that enable staff and students to responsibly recycle plastic, paper, cardboard, glass and cans.
Looking forward, AUT is looking at water efficiency measures, promoting Fairtrade and continuing to progress other waste reduction initiatives. Click here to see more.
Contact: Liam Ryan
AUT Airsoft Club
What is Airsoft? Airsoft is an honor sport where players eliminate each other via BB bullets a round 6mm plastic pellets fired from replica firearms called Airsoft guns.
A.A.C is New Zealand’s only University based Airsoft club. A.A.C’s primary role is to introduce new, inexperienced players as well as veterans that are interested in the sport of Airsoft, while providing a safe and fun environment to play in. We may serve as the boot camp, the training ground for the sport of Airsoft, to those interested in playing for the Nationals and Internationals.
Contact: Kevin Locke
Humanitarian Club (Human Rights)
Welcome to the AUT Humanitarian Club.
We are so pleased that you are joining us and taking an interest in human rights. We are looking forward to seeing you at one of many events this year!
We are a student body devoted to promoting human welfare, equal opportunity, and equality for all women, men, and children. The objectives of the AUT Humanitarian Club include:
- Raising awareness for human rights issues, and providing practical solutions
- Establishing an open platform for students to connect with other like-minded individuals about topics that are relevant to them
- Providing a safe and supportive network for students who are interested in exploring humanitarianism and human rights, without fear of judgment
- Creating a diverse and inclusive environment that encourages students to be confident within AUT and their communities
- Establishing and developing students’ communication and leadership skills
- Creating networking opportunities within the university, local community, regional, and national areas
We would love to meet you all and would encourage you to bring along anyone who may also be interested in the AUT Humanitarian Club. If you have further queries, please forward them to Fatima.
Make sure you like our Facebook Page to stay up to date on news and upcoming events.
Contact: Fatima Uddin
ADAPT (AUT Drama and Performance Theatre Club)
Actor? Poet? Beatboxer? Improvisor? Comedian? or just plain expressive? The AUT Drama and Performance Theatre (Club) wants you! So here’s the calling to anyone wanting to hit the stage again and strut whatever it is they love. ADAPT is a club aimed merging stage performance types into humorous, emotional performances along with chances to showcase talents and learn new ones.
ADAPT has two classes a week, one for project work and the other for theatre sports and games so whichever level of intensity you’re looking for we will be able to accommodate. Head to the Facebook Page for more information and updates about events.